Monday, September 28, 2015

Road Shark Virtual 5 Miler

I was feeling some race withdrawal...I got another email (see a theme here?) about a virtual race.  I had never run one so I figured this one had a pretty cool looking medal and a fun theme so I signed us up.  Big Daddy is always up for a race!

Race packets were mailed and arrived with the extra goodies I had ordered....shark socks (hello who doesn't need those?!) and a shark headband thingy (I have no idea what the brand is).

My local MRTT group had gotten in to this run too and we had a group event set up to run it together.  Then my babysitter bailed...I think the 5am arrival time spooked her.  So we ran it alone, on a track, with the three princesses cheering us on.  It was hotter than Hades but we did it.  I felt heavy and slow (it was wicked hot-did I mention that?) and just not right (ack 10:01mm) but we did it!

I see more virtual races in our future and I was a big fan of how Gone For a Run did this one (I will be back for more).


Race Date: August 1, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment