Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Holy crap, I am running RAGNAR.

I had this race on my running bucket list....I figured some day the princesses will be old enough that Big Daddy and I could go out and run this with some friends.  Then I got a message from a friend who had a spot they needed to fill on their team.  After some thought, making sure Big Daddy would be ok with the princesses, and minor debating I agreed to fill in.  Holy crap, I was running RAGNAR.  
Not only am I running RAGNAR, I am running the hardest friggin' leg of the race.  If you don't know what RAGNAR is, it's a 200 mile, 24 hour relay race run with 12 runners in 2 vans.  Yes, I am nuts.  I get a special extra bonus medal for running this crazy leg (with a hill nicknamed You've Got to be Kidding Me) so that's worth it right??  HA!

Not only that but another runner can't make it so we are all splitting her legs and I added an extra 3.5 miles to my total...so we'll be 11 runners running 200 miles.  

I can't wait to get this race recap and pictures posted, should be loads of good tales!!!!  As one of my teammates has stated after all of us stressing about what to pack, kid coverage, etc.....for 36 hours, we are on an adventure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment